The ASEB Summit was designed to create a unified, continental movement of entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders who work to infuse entrepreneurship into economic development. The idea for the summit began with the Setup A Startup organisation which came to the realisation that the African entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem is fragmented and there are hundreds of people building ecosystems in different ways and saw an opportunity to bring them together to connect and collaborate.
The Summit will bring together key players in the entrepreneurial and startup ecosystem. These builders will help accelerate the emerging field of ecosystem building by collaboratively creating tools, resources, and sharing new knowledge to better support communities that empower the makers, doers, and dreamers in our communities, that is the entrepreneurs.
This Summit invites entrepreneurs, governments, policymakers, economic developers, grassroots leaders, investors, community builders, universities, funders, philanthropists, media experts, and national ecosystem support organisations to support and accelerate transformation through entrepreneurship. Together, we can better understand how to build thriving ecosystems.
Nomination for the ASEB Awards are open now!
Above all, wouldn’t it be great if we could recognize and honor all of these selfless folks who offer so much yet often get so little acknowledgment for their efforts behind the scenes? The awards recognise excellence in Africa’s startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem and celebrate unsung heroes in ecosystem building who are individuals, communities, institutions, and organisations that have demonstrated innovation, excellence, outstanding achievement, and impact in advancing African entrepreneurship.
The objectives of the awards are to:
· To highlight and celebrate ecosystem builders across Africa who are building this movement through their daily work
· Increase awareness of the importance of strengthening Africa’s startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem and culture; and,
· Incentivize efforts and elevate ambitions of the African entrepreneurial community.
Why you should apply?
- The recognition, visibility and credibility that you or your business receives through this unique platform is truly unparalleled in its reach, growing beyond borders and standing the test of time.
- Extensive media visibility for our finalists and winners on leading media platforms ensures that your exceptional entrepreneurial stories are celebrated by one and all.
- The platform allows finalists and winners to forge new relationships and reap benefits by joining the most exclusive network of the world’s finest entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders.
The awards recognise excellence in Africa’s startup and entrepreneurship ecosystem and celebrate unsung heroes in ecosystem building who are individuals, communities, institutions, and organisations that have demonstrated innovation, excellence, outstanding achievement, and impact in advancing African entrepreneurship.
For more information, please visit ASEB SUMMIT to view all the categories and to book your seats!